Friday, July 17, 2009

Date Night

Little Bit played with Mimi last night so the hubby and I could have a date night. It has been so long since we have had a date - just the 2 of us.

After we dropped AG off it felt weird! She has been with me all summer non-stop. I love my baby but I needed a break! So anyway - we went to eat at the Japanese Steakhouse and I got my fav... Steak and Chicken! While we were waiting for our food this is how it went down...

I sipped on my hurricane

Kyle pulled out his phone... SURPRISE!! He is so addicted to his iPhone

I started asking if I was not any fun - hence the cell phone at our dinner

Then he said "I wanted us to read the NEWS!"

What? READ THE FREAKIN NEWS! Are you kidding me!?!

Then I proceeded to tell him how this was SO GOING ON MY BLOG!

Then it was time to eat...

Our food was so GOOD! And our cook was awesome! After we were full we headed to Barnes and Noble to kill a little time before our movie started. On the way there he said "You are so much fun when you drink!" What the heck is that all about?!? "Am I not any fun when I don't drink?!?" I said - then he started stumbling around with his words, laughing, and basically telling me that when I drink I am more relaxed and not so structured and stressed.

Maybe I should become an alcoholic... notsomuch...

Anywho - we went to the book store and I bought this book.


When she was born I read The Happiest Baby on the Block and it really helped me with her feeding and sleeping schedule. It made a world of difference in the amount that she cried and I could read her signals much better. Right now she is really curious and is into everything! I know that is just a part of her age but I need to know what the best way is to deal with it. We are also about to start potty training too - I will let you know how it all turns out. I know that she will go to the potty one day and that she will grow up and be a good girl but for right now... for my sanity... I need to read this book.

So - back to the date - then we went to see THE HANGOVER and it was FREAKIN HILARIOUS! I am not kidding - I laughed hysterically the whole time! It did have bad language and was slightly crude in more ways than one but it was all in fun. I absolutely loved it!

Then the date ended and we went back to Mimi's to get Little Bit. Her and Mimi were playing the piano when we got there (around 9:40pm!) When we walked in the door she gave me this look like - I AM NOT LEAVING NOW! I AM PLAYING THE PIANO!... She had so much fun! We loaded up and got home around 11.

It was really great for Kyle and me to have that time together. It made me realize that I get so wrapped up in taking care of Ava Grace and everything else around here I forget to relax and just enjoy being a Mommy and Wife. There is just not much to love about doing housework, laundry, and changing poopies. But I did find out that I need to set aside some special time to go on a date and reconnect with my husband every couple of weeks. I am also going to throw some fun family nights in there too.

Love Love





4 comments:

Crystal said...

My fiance and I went saw the Hangover last Friday and I laughed my butt off. It was so funny!
Don't feel bad my finace tells me I am so much more fun and laid by when I drink too!

Leslie @ Lamberts Lately said...

We're doing date night tonight and going to see The Hangover...what a coincidence! :)

Courtney said...

Sounds like for the most part it was a great date night. I can't believe he pulled out his phone and wanted to read the news!!

Nancy Hood said...

Always, always, always make time for your man - and him to make time for you. AG will grow up and leave, the two of you will be there after she's gone :) so make these days together count, girl.