Thursday, July 23, 2009

Today was even worse...

So as soon as I was heading down the road toward daycare she started screaming. It makes me feel like the worst mother.

Well, let me start off by explaining that last year she went to the daycare at our church. I took her out for the summer to be with me (guess that was a mistake.) I have heard alot of really good things about another daycare where we live and they do half days and our old daycare did not so I wanted to give it a try. Ava Grace is really good with other people and I just KNEW she would be fine.

Well, evidently she is not so fine. Today when the teacher went to get her - she HIT HER! She never acts like that! Then she was just screaming. Needless to say I left crying and she was crying too. I kept thinking that maybe I have made a mistake. Maybe I should keep her at the daycare at our church where she is used to everything. I just don't know how many more days I can take of this.

I called a little while ago and they said that she was still crying on and off. So my child has been crying for 2 hours.

At our old daycare she did not act like that. I know that she is older now and is more aware of what is going on. But I am just trying to think about it from how she sees it - new building, new playground, new friends, new teachers... she only knows 1 child in the class :-(

I may not be able to keep her there.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Sorry she is having such a tough time. I think you should follow your heart on this one!

Beth said...

poor baby! i know it's hard on you too. i agree with Courtney, follow you're heart. i know i would feel the same way!

April said...

Follow that mommy instinct that I am always ignoring! :)

Ann said...

It may have something to do with her age BUT I understand where you are coming from....just follow your gut (or heart), it'll never let you down. maybe tomorrow will be better, maybe she was having an off day...good luck (((hugs)))